“Software is eating the world, but AI is going to eat software.” – Jensen Huang
❓ What You’ll Learn
- What is the connection between AI and biology?
- How will ChatGPT affect knowledge workers?
- How to use ChatGPT for customer support?
- How will ChatGPT transform education?
- How is human bias transferring to AI?
- What not to do with ChatGPT?
- How to write AI prompts?
💎 Why It Matters
ChatGPT boosts the productivity of businesses and individuals.
Time is non-renewable. Energy is finite. Productivity is limited.
Theory of Constraints at its finest.
ChatGPT helps you automate work and save time coding, writing, researching and more.
- Learn Prompting • Open-source guide on prompt engineering
- Full ChatGPT Prompts and Resources • Tools, prompts and resources on ChatGPT
- ChatGPT for Google • ChatGPT response alongside search engine results
- YouTube Summarizer • Summarize YouTube videos
- Chatterbox for ChatGPT • Native macOS ChatGPT app with screenshot tools
- ChatGPT for VSCode • Extension that allows you to use ChatGPT inside the VSCode
- Awesome ChatGPT Prompts • Curated list of prompts for different use cases
- Prometheus • Use your voice to talk to ChatGPT
- SEO 101 ChatGPT • Prompts for SEO optimization
- Originality • Plagiarism checker and AI detector
- ChatGPT will transform customer support. It will learn from docs, previous conversations and best practices to help you provide help faster.
- Organizations will try to ban the use of ChatGPT.
- Tech giants will add ChatGPT-enabled features to their products to remain competitive.
- ChatGPT will push schools to fight plagiarism. Teachers will use in-person, creative and practical tasks to test knowledge.
- Streamline your marketing. Use ChatGPT to write marketing copy, product descriptions, sales pitches and more.
- Jose Bermejo does market research.
- Erin wrote a sales copy for her website.
- Ryan Reynolds wrote an ad for Mint Mobile.
- Tejas Rane wrote a blog post on cold email outreach.
- Harry Guinness wrote headlines, call-to-actions and more.
- Matt Gray generated content ideas on building expert communities.
- Mats-Peter Forss generated keywords, meta descriptions and more.
- BuzzFeed plans to use ChatGPT to create quizzes and other content.
- Christian wrote and Basileus rewrote cold emails for marketing services.
- Avocados from Mexico plans to use ChatGPT for a Superbowl marketing campaign.
- Use ChatGPT as a coding assistant. It can write, explain and debug code.
- Devjeet used it to build a Catan board game.
- Amjad Masad used it to find, explain and fix a bug.
- Pietro Schirano made a website. Flafi made one too.
- Johnathon Williams used it to build a WordPress plugin.
- Jason DeBolt used it to build an S3 Bucket File Uploader.
- Mazin Ahmed used it to detect and exploit XSS vulnerabilities.
- Deedy used it to write a Sudoku solver in Golang, Java and Python.
- James Blackwell used it to explain a complex regex without context.
- Bart Trzynadlowski used it to build AR experiences with natural language.
- Sell prompts for business and personal use. Find the best prompts for certain use cases and turn them into a digital product.
- Valdo sells SEO 101 ChatGPT and Chat GPT Landing Page Optimization.
- Elias Puurunen sells ChatGPT & Data Science, a list of data exploration prompts.
- Pascio sells 150 ChatGPT Copywriting Prompts, a list of prompts to help you learn copywriting.
- Martin Slaney sells The Product Manager’s Prompt Book that shows design, marketing and product strategy prompts.
- Build an online course. Teach others how to save time on personal and business tasks with ChatGPT.
- ChatGPT Cash Cow is a workshop for professionals and business owners.
- ChatGPT chatbot for Salesforce shows how to build ChatGPT for Salesforce.
- ChatGPT Masterclass shows how to start and scale a business with ChatGPT.
- A Course on ChatGPT for YouTubers teaches how to find ideas, write scripts and more.
- ChatGPT: The Ultimate ChatGPT Copywriting Class teaches copywriting with ChatGPT.
- Absolute guide to AI Assistants teaches ChatGPT for marketing, business, finance and more.
- The Complete ChatGPT Guide from Zero to Hero teaches how to become a ChatGPT expert.
- Revolutionise Your Language Learning With AI shows how to build language learning classes.
- ChatGPT in Education teaches how to create lesson materials and homework with ChatGPT.
- Complete ChatGPT Course For Work teaches ChatGPT for writing, coding, translation and more.
- Take Your Small Business to the Next Level shows how to boost content marketing with ChatGPT.
- ChatGPT Secrets To Master Data Science Techniques teaches data science in Python with ChatGPT.
- Bias • Human bias is transferring to AI. ChatGPT can produce hateful, racist or sexist comments.
- Disinformation • ChatGPT can deepen the disinformation crisis. It can fake sources and give plausible, but incorrect or nonsensical answers. Elephants do not lay eggs.
- Misuse • ChatGPT is not meant to give advice and you shouldn’t rely on it for anything important. Do not ask it for help with mental health.
🔑 Key Lessons
- ChatGPT learns from us. It didn’t know what “updog” was until now.
- We underestimate the power of AI. Jack Clark says today’s AI models are far more capable than we think.
- The output quality depends on the input quality. Direct prompts and follow-up questions lead to better results.
🔥 Hot Takes
- ChatGPT is the new Google. We don’t need to look through search results if we can get the answer right away. Businesses that rely on SEO will have to pivot to survive.
- ChatGPT will replace mediocre professionals. Naval Ravikant says AI will replace the people who think it will. Talented professionals will survive. The mediocre ones will fall apart.
- AI artists will use ChatGPT to write detailed prompts for AI-image generators. Guy Parsons used ChatGPT’s prompts to generate living room designs with Midjourney. Amir Bomani used ChatGPT, Midjourney, and Fliki to create this story, images and voice with AI.
“ChatGPT’s responses are generic. They lack depth and insight.”
ChatGPT is not the ultimate source of truth. Some say it can write your papers. Others say it does not understand math. Treat it like a toy, not a tool. At least for now.
“We can detect AI-generated text.”
There are ways to make it harder. This is unedited, AI-generated text. Writer says that 5 out of 9 passages are human-written. GPTZero says that it’s likely a human-written text.
- What’s the Most Interesting Thing You’ve Done with ChatGPT? • The tweet behind this report.
- Illustrating Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback • How human feedback helped train ChatGPT.
- The Coming AI Hackers • How AI can help to exploit vulnerabilities in social, economic and political systems.
📁 Related Reports
- AI-Generated Content • Learn about AI-generated text, images, videos, music and more.
- AI Image Generators • Turn your ideas into high-quality images.
- No-Code • ChatGPT is a no-code tool for working with AI.
- Micro-SaaS • Solve a specific problem for a niche audience.
- B2B SaaS • Simple, secure and accessible way to solve business problems.
Thanks to Ivan Zografski, George Terezakis, Fausto Sá Teles, Briando, Brenton Price, Bernardt J. Vogel, Alessandro Franceschi, Joseph Green, Marc Fletcher, Maciej Cupial, Stewart Townsend, Daniel Berggren, Thomas Sorheim, Vishal Srivastava, Wit Sumathavanit, Reme Ekoh, Shashank, Martin Slaney, Nik McFly, Uwe Dreissigacker, Yarty Kim and Jose Bermejo. We had a great time jamming on this report.
📈 What else?
Trends PRO #0105 — ChatGPT has more insights.
What you’ll get:
- 34 ChatGPT Tools (240% More)
- 14 Predictions (250% More)
- 13 Opportunities (225% More)
- 7 Risks (134% More)
- 8 Key Lessons (167% More)
- 12 Hot Takes (300% More)
- 18 Links (500% More)
With Trends Pro you’ll learn:
- (📈 Pro) Who is hiring a prompt engineer for $335,000 a year?
- (📈 Pro) What are open-source alternatives to ChatGPT?
- (📈 Pro) How to automate your work?
- (📈 Pro) How to build side projects with ChatGPT?
- (📈 Pro) What are vertical AI chatbots?
- (📈 Pro) How will AI be governed?
- (📈 Pro) How will ChatGPT be used to treat diseases?
- (📈 Pro) What are the downsides of ChatGPT?
- (📈 Pro) How can Google disrupt themselves?
- (📈 Pro) How to live forever?
- (📈 Pro) How to build better prompts?
- (📈 Pro) What are the pros and cons of blogging with ChatGPT?
- (📈 Pro) How can you use ChatGPT for customer research?
- (📈 Pro) How to bypass ChatGPT’s safety filters?
- And much more…
📈 Unlock Pro Reports, 1:1 Intros and Masterminds
Become a Trends Pro Member and join 1,200+ founders enjoying…
🧠 Founder Mastermind Groups • To share goals, progress and solve problems together, each group is made up of 6 members who meet for 1 hour each Monday.
📈 100+ Trends Pro Reports • To make sense of new markets, ideas and business models, check out our research reports.
💬 1:1 Founder Intros • Make new friends, share lessons and find ways to help each other. Keep life interesting by meeting new founders each week.
🧍 Daily Standups • Stay productive and accountable with daily, async standups. Unlock access to 1:1 chats, masterminds and more by building standup streaks.
💲 100k+ Startup Discounts • Get access to $100k+ in startup discounts on AWS, Twilio, Webflow, ClickUp and more.