Time and geography can prevent interesting people from meeting.
Virtual meetups remove geographical boundaries and reduce time costs in meeting regularly. Now you can find your tribe in a world of billions.
- Userlist Happy Hours
- Nocode Rumble
- Indie Worldwide
- NoCode Camp
- Maker Streams
- Pioneer Office Hours
- 100 Days Of No-Code AMAs
- Acquired Meetup
- Zoom (or SendBird) will become a popular backend for niche virtual meetup apps. (Predicted by Villi Iltchev)
- Hybrid meetups will become common. My mastermind (pictured above) works this way. Some of us meet in Atlanta. Then we jump on a video call with others around the world.
- Physical meetups will not disappear. They serve a specific purpose. Like dine-in restaurants and physical gyms versus cloud kitchens and remote fitness platforms.
- Teach a course on how to organize and grow a virtual meetup.
- Start a virtual happy hour around your brand. The liquor brand Haus recently made a smart play.
- Build a productized service to edit recorded video from virtual meetups. These assets can be used for promotion and/or education.
- Build a tool to collect votes during virtual meetups and drive the agenda based on feedback.
- Find virtual meetups based on your interests. Trends subscriber, James Eldersveld, joins no-code meetups around the world from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Build meetup.com for virtual meetups.I built it. Check out VirtualMeetups.co.
“It’s not the same as meeting in person.”
You’re right. In some ways it’s better. In some ways it’s worse.
- VirtualMeetups.co — A list of virtual meetups by Dru Riley
- Taking Your Event Online: Live Streaming and Virtual Conferences — A podcast episode by Ben Myers and Rahul Goel
- Will Curran On The New Virtual Events Industry — A podcast interview of Will Curran with Mat Sherman
- Virtual Event — A Wikipedia article on virtual events
- Hybrid Event — A Wikipedia article on hybrid events
- Virtual Events: The Ultimate Guide — a blog post by Madison Layman
Stay In The Know
Get trends first with exclusive notes
Get exclusive insights delivered to your inbox. Each week.
What you’ll get:
- 4 Trends Pro Reports a month
- 🛠️ Trends Pro #0017 — XaaS: Anything as a Service
- 🧰 Trends Pro #0016 — Growth Tools
- 📖 Trends Pro #0015 — Open Startups
- 💬 Trends Pro #0014 — Paid Communities
Trends Pro is available here.
- 🛠️ Trends #0017 — XaaS: Anything as a Service
- 🧰 Trends #0016 — Growth Tools
- 📖 Trends #0015 — Open Startups
- 💬 Trends #0014 — Paid Communities
- 🍎 Trends #0013 — Online Courses
- 💰 Trends #0012 — Micro Private Equity
- 💌 Trends #0011 — Paid Newsletters
- 🦄 Trends #0010 — Startup Studios
- 🌐 Trends #0009 — Virtual Meetups
- 🏋️ Trends #0008 — Remote Fitness
- 🦠 Trends #0007 — Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 🧱 Trends #0006 — No Code
- 🥾 Trends #0005 — Bootstrap Funds
- 💸 Trends #0004 — Income Share Agreements
- 🏠 Trends #0003 — Co-Living
- 🎙️ Trends #0002 — Podcast Memberships
- 🍳 Trends #0001 — Cloud Kitchens