Food delivery apps are creating the chance for delivery-only restaurants to thrive.
Traditional restaurants will lose in the delivery game unless they optimize.
Cloud Kitchen Providers
Cloud Kitchen Restaurant Groups
Cloud Kitchen Dropshipper
- Casual dining will become harder to find.
- Most restaurants will focus on efficiency or experience.
- We will cook for the experience instead of cost savings.
- More apartments will be built without full kitchens.
- Delivery-only restaurants will evolve faster as setup costs drop.
- Rent cloud kitchen space
- Build cloud kitchen equipment
- Start a delivery-only restaurant
- Start an upscale restaurant
- Make packaging for delivery restaurants
- Build software to track and improve delivery-only restaurant operations
“This isn’t new. Takeout/delivery joints have existed forever.”
Yes, but, recent logistic improvements and friction reduction takes this to another level.
- Virtual Kitchen Documentary — HNGRY
- Delivery Only: The Rise Of Restaurants With No Diners As Apps Take Orders — NPR
- How to start your own delivery-only, virtual restaurant — The Food Corridor
- A16Z Virtual Kitchen Co Investment Thesis — A16Z
- Ghost Kitchens: Their Rise and Why They’re Here to Stay — FsR
- Why ‘ghost’ restaurants are changing the delivery game — Restaurant Dive
- The Rise of the Virtual Restaurant — New York Times
- Is Tech Destroying Restaurants? — Slate
- Ghost kitchen — Wikipedia
- Million Dollar Brainstorm – Cloud Kitchens, Kava Bars & Religious Products — My First Million
Stay In The Know
Get trends first with exclusive notes
- 🦄 Trends #0010 — Startup Studios
- 🌐 Trends #0009 — Virtual Meetups
- 🏋️ Trends #0008 — Remote Fitness (Subscribe to Access)
- 🦠 Trends #0007 — Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 🧱 Trends #0006 — No Code
- 🥾 Trends #0005 — Bootstrap Funds
- 💸 Trends #0004 — Income Share Agreements
- 🏠 Trends #0003 — Co-Living
- 🎙️ Trends #0002 — Podcast Memberships
- 🍳 Trends #0001 — Cloud Kitchens