“Software is eating software.”
💎 Why It Matters
No-Code makes building products more accessible
Duplicating work wastes time, money and energy
No-code tools help you automate work and build products faster, cheaper and better.
Without writing code.
- Zapier • Connect apps and automate workflows
- WordPress • Build websites and blogs
- Shopify • Build ecommerce sites
- Webflow • Build websites
- Bubble • Build web apps
- Bildr • Web3 tools, templates and building blocks
- Juicebox • Funding for people and projects
- Aragon • Build a DAO
- Lanva • Create shareable videos
- Teal • Manage the job application process
- Dividend Finance • Finance solar and home improvement projects
- Virtual Ghost Writer • Resolve writer’s block
Who to Follow
- Ben Tossell • Makerpad
- KP • Build in Public
- Naya Moss • Frauvis
- Max Haining • 100 Days of No-Code
- Lola • Lunch Pail Labs
- Janel • NewsletterOS
- Samuel Thompson • Proven Ventures
- Doc Williams • Build with Me
- Yves Jean • Kodou
- Curtis Cummings • On Deck
- No-Code tools will give individuals more leverage. This leads to smaller firms and more million-dollar, one-person businesses. Newsletter writers, podcast hosts and course creators benefit from no-code tools.
- No-Code tools will make web3 building more accessible.
- Aragon helps you start DAOs
- Juicebox helps you fund projects
- Fractional helps you fractionalize NFTs
- MintGate helps you sell token-gated content
- NFTX helps you build liquidity pools for NFTs
- Bildr will help you build sites to launch and mint NFTs
- Thirdweb helps you build smart contracts without coding
- Nifty Generator helps you build generative art NFT collections
- The types of products that you can build with no-code tools will expand. Blogs, online stores and marketplaces are table stakes. SaaS, mobile apps, games, cryptocurrencies and DAOs are becoming easier to build.
- Build a portfolio of work to break into no-code. Show proof of work to land a job or clients for your agency.
- Join a no-code community. Meet peers, build habits and discover opportunities. See:
- Automate tasks to save time and build no-code skills. Ask: “What are my routine, boring tasks?” Zapier, IFTTT and Integromat have thousands of integrations. Need ideas?
- Start a no-code agency. Time-to-revenue for services is shorter than products. See Minimum Studio, 8020, Lunch Pail Labs and Finsweet. Build the first version of your product with a no-code tool. No-Code helps you validate ideas faster and cheaper. Alex is building a video editing app with Bubble.
- Platform Risk • What if a no-code tool shuts down, changes policies or gets acquired? Unlike open-source frameworks (such as Ruby on Rails and React), most no-code tools are closed-source.
- Missing Concepts • No-Coders may not understand database design at first. This can lead to technical debt. Or is it non-technical debt?
🔑 Key Lessons
- You don’t have to understand how everything works to use it. Most developers have not built an operating system or programming language. Yet they use them. You can use no-code tools without understanding every aspect.
- No-Code gives you a competitive advantage. Why recreate the wheel? No-code apps are easier to build and maintain.
- No-Code is a gateway drug to code. Building end-to-end products with no-code tools helps you become comfortable with code.
🔥 Hot Takes
- The no-code movement will create more developers. Not less. No-code is on-ramp for those initially intimidated by code.
- The best developers focus on outcomes. They don’t have not-invented-here syndrome. They embrace no-code tools, keep things DRY and understand opportunity costs.
“There’s code under the hood. Why is it called no-code?”
There’s code. But you can build things without writing code.
“No-Code apps can’t scale.”
Most can. The need to scale is a good problem to have.
Most products don’t get that far. Solve it when you get there.
- Who should I talk to about no-code? • The tweet behind this report.
- The No-Code Movement • See how no-code affects your ability to bootstrap.
- Building the Future of No-Code • On the possibilities of no-code and crypto.
📁 Related Reports
- The Creator Economy • Lower transaction costs lead to smaller firms.
- Low-Code • Low-Code tools reduce repetition along with No-Code.
- Competitor Risk • No-Code tools make it easier to reach feature parity.
- Million-Dollar, One-Person Businesses • Individuals have more leverage than ever.
- Paid Newsletters • No-code democratized publishing.
📈 What else?
Trends PRO #0078 — No-Code has more insights.
What you’ll get:
- 30 No-Code Tools (275% More)
- 8 Apps (100% More)
- 28 People to Follow (180% More)
- 10 Predictions (233% More)
- 12 Opportunities (140% More)
- 6 Key Lessons (100% More)
- 4 Hot Takes (100% More)
- 10 Links (233% More)
- 12-minute audio episode with exclusive No-Code stories, insights and opportunities.
With Trends Pro you’ll learn:
- (📈 Pro) How to build a no-code productized service?
- (📈 Pro) Which no-code tools are used to make games?
- (📈 Pro) How to use no-code tools to generate leads?
- (📈 Pro) How to get no-code versions of popular apps like Upwork and Product Hunt?
- (📈 Pro) How to build a marketplace with no-code tools?
- (📈 Pro) How do no-code tools help The Creator Economy?
- (📈 Pro) Why are technical moats fading?
- (📈 Pro) How does no-code affect fundraising?
Become a Trends Pro Member and join 1,500 other freedom-loving founders
- 📈 Trends Pro Reports • To make sense of new markets, ideas and business models, check out our research reports. Including the Pro Version of this report.
- 🧠 Founder Mastermind Groups • To share goals, progress and solve problems together, each group is made up of 6 members who meet for 1 hour each Monday.
- 🧍 Daily Standups • Stay productive and accountable with daily, async standups. Unlock access to 1:1 chats, masterminds and more by building standup streaks.
- 💬 1:1 Chats • Make new friends, share lessons and find ways to help each other. Keep life interesting by meeting new freedom-loving founders each week. 1-on-1 chats give you a chance to discuss unique shared interests.